For tips, tools, and upcoming workshops please join my e-mail list today.
About Julie Sherwood
MA, LCAT, CCTS, MT-BC
Hi there! It’s lovely to meet you!
No matter what challenges you may be facing today, or what trauma you may have experienced in the past, I want you to know you can heal gently and quickly and move forward with a newfound sense of calm, confidence, and joy. I know this because I’ve seen it happen many times for my clients, and I know I can help you find peace and freedom too. After all, that's what motivates me the most—seeing you walk out of my office feeling better than when you walked in!
For more than 20 years I've been committed to helping people from all walks of life release stress and anxiety, overcome trauma and PTSD, and develop everyday practices for wellness and joy. I offer mostly short-term, solution focused holistic therapies to help you quickly overcome obstacles and painful past experiences and move forward to live your best life.
Not your traditional talk therapist.
Through advancements in neuroscience, we now understand traditional talk therapy is not the best approach for overcoming trauma and stress, and can be painful and re-traumatizing. That’s why I’m passionate about evidence-based therapies like ART and EFT that facilitate connections between the mind and body to help you rewire your brain and rebalance your nervous system for true transformation and healing. These methods are gentle and safe, honor your inner wisdom and strength, and don’t require you to talk about trauma to heal.
It’s my deep and abiding belief that everyone can heal and thrive regardless of past experiences—and that healing can happen faster than you might think or may have experienced up until now.
Empowered Decision Making
Positive & Forward Focused
Education and specialty training:
- Licensed Psychotherapist and Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT)
- Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC)
- Certified Master ART Clinician: Rosenzweig Center for Rapid Recovery; IS-ART Member
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist-Individual (CCTS-I): Trauma Institute International
- Clinical EFT Practitioner: The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Certified Health Rhythms Drumming Facilitator: Remo Health Rhythms
- Certified Reiki Practitioner: Each One Counts Foundation
- Bodywork, Breathwork & Somatic Trauma Therapies: The Colorado School of Healing Arts
- MA in Music Psychotherapy: New York University
- BFA & Certificate in Creative Arts Therapies: The New School University